January 23, 2012

THOUGHT OF THE DAY.....

Someone asked the Dalai Lama what surprises him most. This was his response:

"MAN, because he sacrifices his health, in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; The result being that he does not live in the present or the future; He lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived." -posted to FB by my homegirl Dia G.


This was posted yesterday but has really been on my mind.  In the past three months, I have been to three funerals.  The last funeral (1.20.12)was that of a good friend.  My friend passed away at the age of 31 from stupid cancer..... the thoughts of passing at such a young age has made my thoughts on living totally change.  As I type, I can only recollect the many emotions I have gone thru this past week.  If you're reading this, do yourself a favor.... LIVE!!!! 

In the words of my uncle, while talking to me and sipping his Boones Farm..... "It's Your Life, Do What The Fuck You Want To... But Pray Everyday To Be The Best You"

Have A Blessed Day
  -Esco

No comments:

Post a Comment