March 26, 2012

Nas talks about "Life Is Good"



Recently, long time hip hop head Nas let loose his new single The Don, which fans went crazy over and was the follow up to his previous track Nasty.
The releasing of those two songs suggested a possible upcoming LP from Nasir, and now the Queensbridge native provides some new details in regards to the project, which is currently titled Life is Good.
"A lot of the tracks have [come from ideas] where I would take an idea from one of the guys that I'm working with and try to put it together with a different sound that I had in my head, or with someone else. I just try to get people to collaborate who are not really used to working together and to get something different from me."
It's been quite an elongated period since Nasty Nas has put out an individual album, and even though he collaborated with Damien Marley on Distant Relatives, Nas realizes that his following would love to continue to hear what he has to say on his own.
"It's been a long time, it's been five years since I released a studio album, solo album; so this record is everything. This is everything that I've got to say—I guess you've got to live a little and you put that in your music, so it's coming from my life."
He goes on to give more details about upcoming endeavors in regards to the project.
"It's a summer album. We're gonna shoot the video for 'The Don' and get ready for the next song that's in the chamber. It ain't gon' stop. It's a whole story. 'The Don' just dropped, so we're just letting that bubble and setting up the next one."
Nas recently performed classic tracks from his debut album Illmatic during the SXSW event.


Source: xxlmag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment