September 11, 2012

FACE TO FACE:: Dae (The Klasix)






Esco: So, what's good Dae?
 Dae: Nothing much just got home... about to get ready to do some work
Esco: The Renaissance Guy!!
 Dae: I know... Do you know how many times I've been called that and actually don't know what it means exactly...lol
Esco: I've been seeing the company name pop up a lot lately... What is the company and What do you guys do for those that don't know who you are?
 Dae: Yeah man it's coming together!!!! we're working!!! ((((evil laugh))) lol nah... The company is The Klasix... it's a team of producers and artists. We make music...very well...and outside of that I do photography and artwork... and things of that nature
Esco: The Renaissance guy.... the man mastering many hats!!!
 Dae: I figured that's what it meant... lol
Esco: Where are you from?
 Dae: Newark Jersey! born and raised
Esco: Ok, Where did you get your start?
 Dae: hmmm I started out doing music back in 2000. I use to dj and I use to make Jersey club music with my team Brick Bandits. I was that guy who taught himself how to do music and how to dj.
Esco: The best producers (in my eyes) started out as a dj
 Dae: That's how I met Mic (partner in The Klasix). We both were dj's, we both went to Arts High School. We decided one day to team up becasue he liked my music and I like his and I always said "yo we gotta work together"... so... after years of bs... and just showing off we decided to create The Klasix... 2003
Esco: Dope, so The Klasix are a duo. How would you explain you sound?
 Dae: I would say our sound is BIG, very orchestrated, very drummy, musical, syncopated, unexpected, adventurous. I think our music is a trip. lol.  I'm a very emo musician so my music is very emotional. if that makes any sense.
Esco: It makes much sense to me... what are your weapons of choice in the studio?
 Dae: Hmmm good one... I'm simple... Im a reason / protools head... I tend to make the best out of sound... so rather it's fruityloops or logic or protools or reasons... The platforms are different but the person who's using it isnt...
Esco: Exactly... and do you or Mic play any live instruments?
 Dae: No but we play like they're live... You know we get asked that a lot!
  somebody actually argued with us telling me that we had a drummer... lol
Esco: by the way, I'm listening to "I Couldn't Help It" as we talk...
 Dae: lol omg no! lol
Esco: lol.... with that said, who have you guys worked with?
 Dae: Joe Budden, Slaughterhouse, Idris Elba, Kat Deluna, ummm J.Cole, Buckwild, Joel Ortiz, Emanny, that's all I can think of right now Karly Redd... lol

Esco: Nice discography..... where does your inpiration come from?
 Dae: My inspiration comes form different places. If you ever met anybody that have worked with me or work with me they'll tell you, I'm a scatter brain or I'm weird or I think a lot or I'm a thinker. All recipes for great music.
  wait did I answer that right? let me try that again....
Esco: lol... I get it, every creative person is different. I've seen it all. shit Budden writes in the strip club...lmao
 Dae: lol
Esco: Who would you like to work with?
 Dae: you ready? lol.. Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Janet Jackson, Pharrell, Missy Elliott, Jhene Aiko, Katy Perry, Beck, No Doubt, Garbage, Bjork, Marron 5, Cold Play, PUSHA T, NERD, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, Keri Hilson, Timberland, Little Dragon, Amy Winehouse, Brandy, Kendrick Lamar, Mac Miller, BEANIE SIGEL, Nicki, Drake, Wayne, Ross,
Esco: a wide range....nice!!!
 Dae: there's more Im not done lol
Esco: O...
 Dae: Usher, love to work with Dr.Dre, Eminem, 50cent, Janet Jackson, Kid Cudi, Owl City, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, ummmm that's all I can think of right now lol... Lana Del Rey, Justice, Daft punk and The Crookers
Esco: VERY WIDE RANGE!!!
 Dae: oh and LONDON ORCHESTRA
Esco: Aside from the music... you do photography. What's the deal with that?
 Dae: lol It's a huge part of me. I'm a very visual person. Photography is that other creative outlet for me.
I have dreams of doing Nation Campaigns and cd artwork for artists and just being able to tell people's stories through art. Can you imagine...seeing... a Dae of The Klasix version of Esquire Magazine, or Complex, or Vibe, or Vogue, or V Magazine? I have a point of view and I just want to share it
Esco: Make it happen..  If you want opportunity, create it!!!
 Dae: That's exactly what I've been doing!
 Esco: Fucking dope... you just named a variety of publications, I'll act like I don't know anything. Have you ever worked with any of them?
 Dae: Currently doing some work with VIBE VIXEN Magazine

Esco: So what unsigned artists are you currently working with?
 Dae: I'm currently working with our artists... Aaron Byrd, he's an AMAZING singer song writer, crazy talented and very visual. He's my one of my favorite singers and favorite song writers. Also working with a female rap artist by the name of Swiney. She's also really talented an amazing performer and just all around talented. Also working with ... Jay Saint, Bennaton, J.Y. and.... that's all I can think of right now
Esco: cool, btw I seen the Teyana pics... if I were in Jersey yesterday I most definitely would have had to stop by...
   Dae: lol ha ha ha lol... she's really cool man. Then entire Vibe Vixen shoot she was so cool.
Esco: Is there any advice that you can give young producers., photographers coming into the business?
Dae: Producers... I don't know ... just keep working... get with the right team... that's all
Photographers.... Study... that's all I do... I'm still learning
  To both of them just always stay a student and I think you'll go far.
Esco: ok, how can you be reached for any business?
 Dae: email me... TheKlasixbeats@gmail.com I always respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment